Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Animation and Free Shoot Response

I really enjoyed the animation collaboration, and thought it was a great way to explore concepts and focus on how I look at things. It especially forced me to think about how I wanted to photograph, before I did it, which is something that I don't necessarily do often in the class shoots. In the class shoots, I normally look or construct something that is fitting with the theme. However, with the animation, my concept developed over time, and I think that is something that I want to clearly map out before I make my next animation.

I would definitely like to make another animation for my final project, but I think without so much of a narrative this time. I really enjoyed piecing together all the photographs and constructing something out of it. I have been thinking about the idea of making photographs to music, and possibly making a music video. But I'm also intrigued by exploring spaces and especially time with animation.

I really enjoyed the class shoots, mostly because it gave me something tangible to work with. But I was always very happy when we got to do free shoots, because it was almost like a vacation of not having to work under any constraints. I think I would have liked to have a more equal mix of both. I felt like my work was a bit more concrete when the subjects were less abstract because then I could only focus on taking the photographs, whereas I felt like with more abstract concepts, I didn't have time to come up with ideas that I would be able to photograph well.

My other idea for the final project came to me by mistake today. I accidentally printed two photographs in the same side of the sheet and thought it would be interesting to layer two photographs and see how the colours would come out.

No comments: