Saturday, November 22, 2008

Panorama Fictions Response

I had a pretty clear space and idea that I wanted to pursue in this project. I was interested in exploring the playground structure by the elementary school, as I was intrigued with connecting the architecture and numerous visible lines at the playground and thought that would be fun to work with. At first, I did different scenes with the playground, using photo merge. But it didn't really work for me, as I felt like the subjects were all on the foreground, not exactly interacting with the structure. I didn't want to make it all about the subject. So, I decided that the best way to do this was by free-handing it. And instead of doing different things with the playground, I focused on one thing, the cliche playground bully type story. At first, I wanted to focus just on the fight, and then pan out to see the space that they were fighting in. Kind of like a "stuck in a moment" type panorama. But then, after a few comments and critiques, I did realize that it was a bit confusing to have such vast space. So, by adding the people jumping on the trampoline, it seemed to me that it in some ways answered the question of wanting my subjects to subtly interact with the playground. If I were to do this again, I would definitely work more with the narrative of what's happening beyond the fight, as well as work more with the structure on the right, adding a bit more details in the playground structure. All in all, I had a ton of fun working on this panorama, and I felt like working with the fight scene in the left of the panorama gave me a lot of satisfaction. I was most pleased with that part because it came out the way I wanted and intended it to be.

No comments: